So, you want to become a millionaire? Using the affirmation “I am a millionaire” while following a specific blueprint for your business will help manifest the millionaire lifestyle you want.
But how we get there is much difficult to understand.
Fortunately, there are tons of wisdom shared by the millionaires to help you develop a millionaire's mindset for success.
How did they pull it off? How do they see money? How did they react to the crisis? It’s an invaluable lesson reading the priceless wisdom shared by these successful self-made billionaires.
From what money is to how to perceive it and accumulate it, these legends have covered everything from time to time.
Handpicked Quotes from Successful Millionaires and Billionaires“If you never want to be criticized, for goodness’ sake don’t do anything new.” – Jeff Bezos, Founder of Amazon Click To Tweet
- “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates
- “I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” — Warren Buffett, chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway
- “The reason I've been able to be so financially successful is my focus has never, ever for one minute been money.” — Oprah Winfrey, business magnate
- “And I think the more money you put in people's hands, the more they will spend. And if they don't spend it, they invest it. And investing it is another way of creating jobs. It puts money into mutual funds or other kinds of banks that can go out and make loans, and we need to do that.” — Michael Bloomberg, CEO of Bloomberg LP
- “If we were motivated by money, we would have sold the company a long time ago and ended up on a beach.” — Larry Page, Google co-founder and CEO of Alphabet Inc.
- “It's not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It's the customer who pays the wages.” – Henry Ford
- “I think frugality drives innovation, just like other constraints do. One of the only ways to get out of a tight box is to invent your way out.” — Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon
- “Capital as such is not evil; it is its wrong use that is evil. Capital in some form or other will always be needed.” – Gandhi
- “You always hear the phrase, money doesn’t buy you happiness. But I always in the back of my mind figured a lot of money will buy you a little bit of happiness. But it's not really true.” — Sergey Brin, Google co-founder and president of Alphabet Inc.
- “Today, making money is very simple. But making sustainable money while being responsible to society and improving the world is very difficult.” — Jack Ma, executive chairman of Alibaba Group
- “Money makes you more of who you already are.” — Sara Blakely, founder of Spanx
- “I'm a bit tight with money, but so what? I look at the money I'm about to spend on myself and ask myself if IKEA's customers can afford it… I could regularly travel first class, but having money in abundance doesn't seem like a good reason to waste it.. If there is such a thing as good leadership, it is to give a good example. I have to do so for all the IKEA employees.” —Ingvar Kamprad, founder of IKEA
- “Only buy something that you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the market shuts down for ten years.” – Warren Buffett
- “The financial markets generally are unpredictable. … The idea that you can actually predict what's going to happen contradicts my way of looking at the market.” — George Soros, investor, and chairman of Soros Fund Management
- “I believe that you have to understand the economics of a business before you have a strategy, and you have to understand your strategy before you have a structure. If you get these in the wrong order, you will probably fail.” — Michael Dell, CEO of Dell Inc.
- “I never thought about becoming wealthy. It never crossed my mind. What really motivated me was to try to accomplish something.” —Sheldon Adelson, chairman, and CEO of Las Vegas Sands Corporation
- “If you don’t find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die – Warren Buffett
- “I don't pay good wages because I have a lot of money; I have a lot of money because I pay good wages.” – Robert Bosch
- “Don’t think money does everything or you are going to end up doing everything for money.” – Voltaire
- “If you are born poor it’s not your mistake, but if you die poor it’s your mistake.” -Bill Gates
- “If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free. If our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed.” – Edmund Burke
- “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
- “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.” – Henry Ford
- “Knowing your audience is half the battle. Showing up for your audience is the other half.” – Kit Elliott, CEO of I Love Making Money
- “Never spend your money before you have earned it.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Money is just a consequence. I always say to my team, ‘Don't worry too much about profitability. If you do your job well, the profitability will come.'” Bernard Arnault – chairman and CEO of LVMH (the world’s largest luxury goods company)
- “Greater self-esteem produces greater success, and greater success produces more high self-esteem, so it keeps on spiraling up.” – Jack Canfield
- “Don’t think you are unstoppable or foolproof. Don’t think that the only way your business will work is through perfection. Don’t aim for perfection. Aim for success.” – Eike Batista, Brazilian Business Magnate
- “One of the great responsibilities that I have is to manage my assets wisely so that they create value.” Alice Walton
- “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you.” – Maya Angelou
- “For me, businesses are like buses. You stand on a corner and you don’t like where the first bus is going? Wait ten minutes and take another. Don’t like that one? They’ll just keep coming. There’s no end to buses or businesses.” – Sheldon Adelson, American Business Magnate
- “Have fun. The game is a lot more enjoyable when you’re trying to do more than just make money.” – Tony Hsieh, Founder of Zappos
- “If you never want to be criticized, for goodness’ sake don’t do anything new.” – Jeff Bezos, Founder of Amazon
- “Hard work certainly goes a long way. These days a lot of people work hard, so you have to make sure you work even harder and really dedicate yourself to what you are doing and setting out to achieve.” – Lakshmi Mittal, Indian Steel Magnate
- “It’s not your salary that makes you rich, it’s your spending habits.” – Charles A. Jaffe
- “The goal isn’t more money. The goal is living life on your terms.” – Chris Brogan
- “The biggest risk is not taking any risk. In a world that is changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” – Facebook's CEO Mark Zuckerberg
- “I pity that man who wants a coat so cheap that the man or woman who produces the cloth shall starve in the process.” – Benjamin Harrison
- “Low interest rates are a big opportunity for investment. But the issue is that this money should go to the real economy, not the financial economy.” – Carlos Slim Helu
- “I believe people have to follow their dreams – I did.” Larry Ellison, co-founder of Oracle Corporation
- “Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. There is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “I feel there's an existential angst among young people. I didn't have that. They see enormous mountains, where I only saw one little hill to climb.” – Sergey Brin
- “I learned from my dad that change and experimentation are constants and important. You have to keep trying new things.” – S. Robson Walton
- “I think it’s very important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what you’ve done and how you could be doing it better. I think that’s the single best piece of advice: constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself.” – Elon Musk, Founder and CEO of Tesla Inc.
- “If there are some losses that you take, then we're all big boys – we shouldn't be crying.” – Mukesh Ambani
- “The best investment you can make is in yourself.” Warren Buffet
- “It’s good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy.” —George Lorimer
- “I'm coming to this world not to work. I want to come to this world to enjoy my life. I don't want to die in my office. I want to die on the beaches.” – Jack Ma
- “Why do I need succession planning? I'm very alert, I'm very vibrant. I have no intention to retire.” – Sheldon Adelson
- “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” —Ayn Rand
- “When you're running a company, you have employees – lots of them – that can interrupt your schedule. You have customers that can interrupt your schedule. You have a certain obligation to wave the flag because people expect to get out and wave the flag. The number of ways that others can command your time is high.” – Steve Ballmer
- “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose.” – Bill Gates
- “Successful investing is anticipating the anticipations of others.” – John Maynard Keynes
- “No matter how great the talent or efforts, some things just take time. You can’t produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant.” – Warren Buffett, Chairman, and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway
- “Investing is about predicting the future, and the future is inherently unpredictable. Therefore, the only way you can do better is to assess all the facts and truly know what you know and know what you don't know. That's your probability edge.” – Li Lu
What can we take from these timeless quotes on money and wealth accumulation? Most billionaires share something in common:
Money is just a by-product of the value provided by a service or product. When you give value to your customers, the money will reach you automatically. The goal should be to provide honest value in whatever you provide to your customers and that starts with knowing your audience.
And that leads you to this final quote:
“Money is misunderstood. The fact is if you want to be successful the money will follow you. If you are a doctor, something else will follow you. If you are successful, there is an accompaniment and If your goal is just to make money, you won’t succeed. Money is a commodity to use, not to be dictated by.” – Frank Lowy, former chairman of Westfield Corporation
Calculate how much money you will have if you saved $100 per month with compounding interest.
Great Quote: “Today, making money is very simple. But making sustainable money while being responsible to society and improving the world is very difficult.” — Jack Ma
Love to see this every day
The best money quote that I have ever heard was by Warren Buffett:
“Only buy something that you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the market shuts down for ten years.”
Hey there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to take a look. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Terrific blog and brilliant design and style.