Description: Bluehost is one of the top recommended website hosting services by WordPress. It is part of a massive corporation, Endurance International Group, which owns various hosting providers and has a colossal market share.
Offer price: Starting at $3.95/month
Operating System: Wordpress
Author: Kit Elliott
Do You Recommend Bluehost Hosting
Yes, we highly recommend it because their endorsement is for a good reason. Bluehost allows you to install WordPress with just a single click. They obviously have the financial muscle to pour millions into marketing.
Easy to Use - 10/10
Value for Price - 10/10
Customer Support - 9/10
Variety of Features - 9.5/10
- Best Uptime
- Easy To Navigate
- Easy Web Building
- First Term Is Cheap
- Generous Storage
- Unmetered Bandwidth
- No Cloud Hosting Plans
- No Monthly Plan
General Info & Overview
BlueHost is one of the most popular hosting companies. Founded by Matt Heaton and Danny Ashworth in Provo, Utah in 2003, Bluehost now hosts over 2 million websites and counting. Their popularity comes from their consistent focus on speed, uptime, and service. If you’re looking for high-quality hosting at a price any entrepreneur or company can afford, Bluehost gets our highest recommendation.
- Bluehost’s Dedicated Hosting Plan: The Dedicated Hosting Plan has three packages:
- Standard: It comes with 4 cores at 2.3 GHz, 500GB (Mirrored) Storage, 4 GB RAM, 5 TB Bandwidth and 3 IP Addresses.
- Enhanced: This plan includes 4 cores at 2.5 GHz, 1TB (Mirrored) Storage, 8 GB RAM, 10 TB Bandwidth, and 4 IP Addresses.
- Premium: This plan includes 4 cores at 3.3 GHz, 1TB (Mirrored) Storage, 16 GB RAM, 15 TB Bandwidth, and 5 IP Addresses.
- Security Features: Bluehost offers a couple of extra paid add-ons to enhance security. For example, SiteLock prevents hacker attacks and Code Guard gives you more backup options. I like the fact that they have an optional two-factor authentication system, even if a hacker breaks your password, they won’t gain access to your Bluehost account without the second factor.
- Backups: Bluehost creates monthly, weekly and daily backups that you’ll be able to download and restore. So yes, only 3 backups, and they can’t assure you they’ll have them – other providers offer over 20 backups to choose from. If you want extra backup options (e.g. on-demand backups), you can purchase their pricey backup add-on.
- Excellent Uptime: Website uptime is a vital element of the web hosting experience. If your site goes down, clients or customers will be unable to find you or access your products or services. For this testing, I use a website monitoring tool to track my test sites’ uptime over a 14-day period. Every 15 minutes, the tool pings each of my websites and sends me an email if it is unable to contact a site for at least one minute.
- Money-Back Guarantee: Directly from Bluehost’s money-back guarantee: “Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we’re confident you’ll be pleased with our services. Still, if you try us and decide your account does not sufficiently meet your needs, you can cancel within 30 days for a refund.”
Pros of Using Bluehost Hosting
1. Highest Rated Uptime Rate: 99.99%
Uptime is the top priority for your website. When your site is down, users can’t find it. So whichever hosting company you choose, you want to make sure they have a very high guaranteed uptime.
Bluehost has one of the best-tested uptime rates at 99.9%. This means that you can trust that your site will be up, 24/7, without issue.
2. Affordable Pricing
While you don’t want to buy hosting based on price alone, you also don’t want to get gouged on price. That’s another reason why Bluehost is so popular with millions of site owners.
Bluehost starts its shared hosting packages at just $3.95 per month. This is a good starter package for businesses with only 1 website. With their initial Basic Package ($3.95/month), you get:
- 1 Website
- 50 GB Storage
- Unmetered Bandwidth
- Free SSL Certificate
- 1 Included Domain
- 5 Parked Domains
- 25 Subdomains
With the Bluehost Plus Package ($5.95/month), you move into more unlimited services, including:
- Unlimited Websites
- Unlimited SSD Storage
- Unmetered Bandwidth
- Free SSL Certificate
- Unlimited Domains
- Unlimited Parked Domains
- Subdomains – Unlimited
3. Fast Loading Speed
When visitors hit your site, you want it to load fast. The longer it takes to load your site, the more visitors you’ll lose. Google is now penalizing slow-loading sites and using speed time as a metric for search engine placement.
Bluehost has one of the higher loading times among the top website hosting companies.
s a Bluehost customer, you also get free SSL using their EncryptMe feature. An SSL certificate creates a secure connection that protects the transfer of data between your Bluehost web server and your visitor’s browser.
You want to use a secure server because Google’s search algorithm gives higher priority to secure sites. Although, they give more weight to relevant backlinks (backlinks are in for 2020)
With Bluehost, your SSL certificate will show Google and your visitors that your site is secure.
5. WordPress Made Easy
Millions of websites use WordPress as their website platform of choice. It’s easy to edit and can be customized in countless ways.
Bluehost is one of the few recommended WordPress providers by the company that created WordPress. Installing WordPress sites on your Bluehost account is incredibly simple, even for beginners.
6. Top-Notch Customer Support
When you have any questions or concerns about your website, you want around-the-clock service. Whether it’s just a quick bit of advice or a serious tech issue, having trained experts on-call is a must.
Bluehost has one of the best support centers in the world. Their website hosting experts are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Better yet, they even include a complete library of helpful guides, video tutorials, and step-by-step how-to information. You’ll never be stuck when you’re using Bluehost.
7. Easy to Use
Bluehost is one of the most widely recommended website host companies because it’s so easy to use. It’s often the first choice of beginning bloggers, entrepreneurs, and start-ups.
Even though it’s well-suited for the beginner, there’s plenty of power in their servers for scaling up as your traffic and your company grows.
Cons of Using Bluehost Hosting
1. No Free Site Migration
While some other hosting companies offer free site migration services, Bluehost does charge you a fee if you’re migrating a site from another hosting company to their hosting service.
While this isn’t an issue for most serious website owners, it’s something to be aware of if you’re moving a site to Bluehost from another hosting company.
2. No Month-to-Month Pricing
After your first month of hosting, your hosting price will be renewed for an entire year. While some hosting companies will charge you month-to-month, Bluehost renews your initial hosting package for 12 full months.
To make sure you’re happy with their service, though, they do offer you 30 days at their lowest fee to test out the service. If you’re not happy with their hosting service for any reason, you can get a refund within 30 days of signing up.
To save money with Bluehost, you can pay three years in advance to get one of the lowest monthly prices available with any host.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bluehost
Bluehost is one of the top recommended website hosting services by WordPress. It is part of a massive corporation, Endurance International Group, which owns various hosting providers and has a colossal market share.
Based on our review of important factors – including uptime, loading speed, ease of use, and pricing – we believe Bluehost is a good website hosting company for most bloggers, entrepreneurs, and businesses.
Bluehost does offer a free domain name for the 1st year. There is a small fee to renew your domain name each year thereafter.
You can start with Bluehost’s Basic package for as little as $3.95/month – which includes 1 website, 50 GB SSD storage, unmetered bandwidth, free SSL certificate, 1 included domain, 5 parked domains, and 25 subdomains.
We recommend Blog Marketing Academy. If you’re looking for how to get started with a blogging business, then the BMA has a very detailed roadmap with a very active forum. Click here for details.
Make sure you bookmark this page as I’ll be updating it as often as I can to keep you informed on Bluehost hosting Services & their latest updates.
- The Best Hosting Companies Ranked by Speed, Uptime and Customer Support
- Blog Marketing Academy Review – Make Money Blogging
If you know anyone looking for bluehost hosting service, please share this page with them.