Who is an entrepreneur, anyway?
An entrepreneur is a person who starts a new business, knowing he would bear the risk and would enjoy the profits as well. Those who are crazy enough to change the world are the ones who do. – Steve Jobs.
Generally regarded as an innovator, an entrepreneur is more than what the definition says. Successful entrepreneurs are considered an inspiration to many. They are the role models of the young ones that aspire to become innovators and change-makers.
Entrepreneurs and their startup ventures are the backbones of the economy in any world market. I wanted to share with you our favorite quotes for leaders by leaders.
Here are some of the top quotes from inspirational leaders:"Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life." – Confucius Click To Tweet
- “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something in your life.” — Winston Churchill
- “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
- “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
- “I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.” — Abraham Lincoln
- “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.” — Abraham Lincoln
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churchill
- “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” — Winston Churchill
- “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What’s a sundial in the shade?” — Benjamin Franklin
- “Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucius
- “The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.” – Confucius
- “Associate with men of good quality of you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” – George Washington
- “We should not look back unless it is to derive useful lessons from past errors, and for the purpose of profiting by dearly brought experience.” – George Washington
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” — Nelson Mandela
- “There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” — Nelson Mandela
- “I am the captain of my soul.” — Nelson Mandela
- “Nourish your hopes, but do not overlook realities.” — Winston Churchill
- “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” — Winston Churchill
- “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
- “Stay hungry, stay foolish.” – Steve Jobs
- “I want to put a ding in the universe.” – Steve Jobs
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “Plan your work for today and every day, then work your plan tomorrow.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “Do one thing every day that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “You can often change your circumstances by changing your attitude” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively; unless you can choose a challenge instead of competence.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” — Ray Goforth
- “The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred with dust and sweat; who strives valiantly, who errs and may fall again and again because there is no effort without error or shortcoming.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” – Aristotle
- “There is no great genius without some touch of madness.” – Aristotle
- “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” — Aristotle
- “The world is not the most pleasant place…You need to learn to stand up for yourself and what you believe and sometimes, pardon my language, kick some ass.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “When life seems hard, the courageous do not lie down and accept defeat. Instead, they are all the more determined to struggle for a better future.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “The goal is not to be better than the other man, but your previous self.” – The Dalai Lama
- “You need to have a culture instead of a payroll so that people watch themselves. What does this? Not money, but enhanced self-esteem.” — Steve Wynn
- “In the end, when it’s over, all that matters is what you’ve done.” – Alexander the Great
- “There is nothing impossible to him who will try.” – Alexander the Great
- “With the right attitude, self-imposed limitations vanish.” – Alexander the Great
- “Love yourself & love your community and you can have it all…” – Kit Elliott, CEO & Founder of I Love Making Money
- “Rather now than tomorrow, and tomorrow than the day after!” – Joan of Arc
- “I am not afraid… I was born to do this.” – Joan of Arc
- “One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying.” – Joan of Arc
- “I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Experience is the teacher of all things.” – Julius Caesar
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed.” — Booker T. Washington
- “I attribute my success to this–I never gave or took an excuse.” – Florence Nightengale
- “You could certainly say that I’ve never underestimated myself, there’s nothing wrong with being ambitious.” – Angela Merkel
- “In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless but planning is indispensable.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “Don’t worry about being successful but work toward being significant and the success will naturally follow.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are for.” -William Shedd
This power-packed, inspirational list of quotes from successful, historical leaders would revitalize you at the lows of your business.
Never give up. There is always a way to come out of trouble.
You’re having an excellent month when business is doing exceptionally well. Your current customers are spreading the word about your great service and you’re signing new contracts. Your success run started to look unstoppable.
Then, the next month arrives. Business slows down drastically. Your regular clients decide to use someone else. The past month’s success run suddenly started to look fading away.
Interestingly, in both the above cases, your motivation is the key factor that affects the growth of your business. During the success run, motivation can help you stay focused. But in the hard times, you don’t get motivated to focus on the business or to do anything at all but sit with a drink binge-watching your favorite shows.
This is the battle you win by inspiring quotes from the world’s most celebrated, influential, philosophical, political, and cultural leaders. These quotes get you off from your slump days of business and keep you motivated until you reach the highs you dream of.
Share your favorite quote with others.