The pandemic has created a billion-dollar market and you can make big money to shop for groceries. Yes, that’s right. You can make huge money by shopping and delivering groceries because you keep 100% of your tips.
In this article, we are gonna talk about how you can earn more than $1000 a week delivering groceries.
How Does it Work?
Do you own a smartphone, a car, and a valid driver’s license? Then you can start your own grocery shopping business.
Grocery shopping is a trending business. With the coronavirus pandemic, people are finding creative ways to get their groceries delivered without risking their lives shopping in public spaces. These groups are paying for people to shop for them:
- People concerned about getting coronavirus.
- Seniors who are at higher risk of getting the virus.
- People that have limited mobility for various reasons.
- People who like the convenience.
The second group of people can be categorized:
- Senior citizens who can’t go out due to age.
- People with limited mobility due to accidents or other reasons.
Both potential customer bases are huge and growing by the day. That opens up the opportunity for the grocery delivery business. There are a few online services that connect people that need someone’s help to shop for them and people who are ready to shop for them for a fee and a tip.
The process is simple for both the customer and the shopper. Customers place their grocery order via cell phone app and that app connects you to the new customer. These new orders are available to view on your smartphone. Each app allows you to browse & accept jobs that fit around your schedule. Once you see an order you can shop, accept it and begin shopping.
How Does The Grocery Shopping Business Work
This on-demand model of business works similar to Uber’s business model of food delivery. UberEats follows the same model. Now the business model has moved into the grocery delivery business.
The working model is explained in 3 simple steps:
- Step 1: The customer opens the app or website of the service, selects the desired nearby store from the list of stores, adds groceries to the online cart, and orders them. The customer has both prepaid and cash-on-delivery options.
- Step 2: The information is passed on to the shopper via the app. The shopper then shops the customer’s order. Can you imagine getting paid to shop?
- Step 3: Once the shopping is finished, the personal shopper drives to the customer’s place and delivers the groceries.
This simple but powerful business model helps both the customers and the personal shoppers. It’s a win-win situation.
What Are The Requirements to Become a Personal Shopper
Most delivery companies have the same requirements to become a personal shopper.
- You must be 18 years old to work for the on-demand grocery delivery companies.
- You need to have general driving qualifications such as driver’s license, insurance, and no black marks on your driving record. Some companies encourage the use of bicycles. And, Interestingly, some companies allow you to even walk to deliver.
- You must own a smartphone. Either an iPhone or an Android smartphone. An active data plan is also a must. To be able to be located, you must install the grocery delivery app and turn on your GPS.
Top Services That Offer On-demand Grocery Delivery
Pioneer in the market. They operate in almost every part of the country. They have almost every product in all categories. Organic vegetables, fruits, meats, frozen meats, etc.
- You set your own hours.
- You shop whenever it works for you.
- You’ll pick and deliver the items.
- You get paid for every delivery.
You, as a personal shopper, have many benefits like flexible work times, flexibility in pay (per item and per delivery), etc.
If you have your own vehicle, then you can work as a grocery delivery driver “executive” for Instacart. Signup & download the app.
Get paid to shop with Shipt while earning up to $22 per hour. They deliver food and household essentials. You have full control of your work hours. You need a valid driving license and a vehicle, 1997 or newer, to work with them. You also need to carry your own insulated bag.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- A 1997 or newer car.
- Knowledge of produce selection.
- Ability to lift 40+ pounds.
When you apply and interview, you’ll get approved to download the app and start shopping. Work part-time or full-time – any time. Set your own hours for a completely flexible schedule. Get tips from other shoppers, attend launch parties, and get a free Shipt membership.
You’re paid weekly. Various reports say personal shoppers make anything between $10-15 per hour – with a high of up to $22/hour. If you currently shop for Shipt, please leave a comment below about your experience.
Burpy is an on-demand grocery delivery service that allows you to shop and deliver groceries to their customers as a Burpy personal shopper. Burpy customers place an order on the web and their order details are sent to your phone via the Burpy app. You shop for the items and deliver them to the customer.
- Make up to $25 per hour
- Choose your own hours
- You receive your tips.
You must be 18 years or older and have a car, license, and insurance. Burpy also says you must be able to lift 30+ pounds and have a recent smartphone to receive the orders.
You can choose to work part-time or full-time. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a flexible schedule to make money delivering groceries to customers in their community.
Do you live near a Walmart store? You can register with them as a Walmart Personal Shopper. Since their expansion into Grocery delivery service, 45,000 personal shoppers have enrolled with them.
Walmart provides a three-week training program for shoppers to teach them to select the best products for customers.
Favor is an on-demand delivery service that allows you to make money delivering anything like groceries, In-n-Out / Fast Food / Starbucks, and even dry cleaning to customers.
Favor calls their shoppers “Runners.” If you are 18 years or older, have reliable transportation, an iPhone or Android smartphone, you can apply to become a Runner. If your application is approved, you set your own hours.
The benefits to working with Favor:
- You set your schedule.
- Receive 100% of your tips.
- Guaranteed minimum earnings.
- Must have an iPhone or Android to download the app.
- 18 years or older.
- Clean background check.
All scheduled hours have minimum guaranteed earnings plus you keep 100% of your tips. You can earn between $10 and $18 per hour as a runner. You can even earn cash by referring your friends to be runners.
8 years ago, Postmates changed the game by answering a simple question, “Why can’t I have anything I want delivered to me?” At that time, there was no solution to that problem.
Postmates is an on-demand delivery app that enables over 500,000 people to deliver food, groceries, and other merchandise from thousands of restaurants, grocers, retail shops, and more to their customers.
You can drive, bike, or even walk to deliver groceries to each client or customer. It’s free to sign up and fast to get started. There are no fees or time commitments, so you take home 100% of what you earn every time you complete a delivery.
Not only do you earn 100% of what you earn, you keep 100% of the tips you receive. Plus, they have one of the best apps for calculating delivery times to help you make even more money.
DoorDash allows you to make money by delivering food and other items from local merchants to their customers as a Dasher. You can use any car, motorcycle, scooter, bike, or even walk to make deliveries to customers in your city.
Once you receive a delivery opportunity, you’ll see where it is and what you’ll earn. Then, you can choose to accept or reject the gig. Once you accept, there are three steps:
- Drive to the Restaurant (or pick-up business)
- Pick Up the Food (or item requested)
- Drop Off at the Customer’s Requested Location
- 18 or older
- Any car, scooter, or bicycle (in select cities)
- Driver’s license number
- Social security number (only in United States)
- Clean Background Check
DoorDash is available in over 4,000 cities in all 50 U.S. states, including DC and Puerto Rico plus Canada and Australia.
Dashers can also pick up Walmart grocery delivery gigs on their app and make money by delivering groceries from Walmart to the customers’ doorstep.
Amazon Personal Shopper:
Like other services, Amazon offers household and multiple grocery items. You are called Prime now shopping team member. You select the products for your customer as per the order. Then you package it for delivery. You have to deliver it within 2 hours.
You can choose your comfortable timings to work with them. They have openings for part-time and full-time job seekers.
How Much Money Can You Make Delivering Groceries
Average grocery shoppers earn between $10-25 per hour. It varies largely with the service provider. Some providers pay you by hour rate while some hire you for per item rate.
There is another important element in your earning possibilities. Tips. The more sincere and hardworking you are, the more you will be tipped by the customers. If you select the correct groceries and deliver them safely to customers, you may get an increase in your tips. In most cases, you keep 100% of your tips.
Pros and Cons of Grocery Delivery Business
What are the pros of personal shopping?
- You are your own boss and don’t have to deal with office politics or co-worker drama.
- You can choose your own flexible hours and take a break when you want to. If you have urgent personal work to be done, just mark ‘Offline’ in the app so that orders will not be allotted to you. Once you are back, just mark yourself as ‘Online’.
- Payments are instant. You deliver the items, you get paid on the spot. You never need to wait for your paycheck.
- No qualifications, college degree, university certification, etc are required. Not even a school diploma is required. You just need to know how to do basic smartphone operations.
- You have the freedom to work from anywhere, as long as you have stores in your proximity.
What are the cons of personal shopping?
- This is not a permanent position and there are no benefits.
- Routine job. The routine nature of the job is sometimes boring and tiring. You may exhaust yourself if you don’t love shopping.
- No colorful working environment. You are not working in a company on your air-conditioned desktop. This is something many grocery delivery people complain about.
- Driving tends to be hard. If driving all day is not your cup of tea, then it will be exhausting for you to thrive in this job.
If you are looking for some quick cash or searching for a full-time role, grocery delivery and personal shopping is a perfect fit for you.
The trick to working for yourself is to develop systems to make your job easy whether that be by taking multiple jobs at once & organizing the routes to maximize your jobs.
No big investment is required. No qualifications or prior experience is required. Very easy to start and operate. Instant payment.
If you have tips to share with the community, leave a comment below. I’d love to get your feedback. Have you tried personal shopping? Have you delivered groceries for Instacart or Shipt? I’d love to hear about your experience…
Make sure you bookmark this page as I’ll be updating it as often as I can to keep you informed on How To Make $1,000 by Delivering Groceries
If you know anyone looking for How To Make $1,000 by Delivering Groceries, please share this page with them.