This week, we've been discussing how to land a virtual assistant / remote / work from home job and one of the most overlooked resources out there is HireMyMom.com. While businesses can post a job, Hire My Mom requires every job to be at least 50% home-based. But based on our most recent job search, the majority 95% were 100% remote jobs.
Let's dive into how to land a job at HireMyMom.
What is HireMyMom?
Hire My Mom connects professional moms with professional companies hiring for work from home positions. Hire My Mom helps with finding a match in a position for work while also supporting work-from-home moms and smaller businesses.
Can you imagine raising 3 kids and trying to fit a 9 to 5 job in there? That just doesn't work for most mothers, especially single mothers. I was able to find a ton of 5-star reviews and testimonials from moms who want to work from home with the kids like this one:
How Does Hire My Mom Work?
Businesses start on the site by creating an account to post available positions for remote jobs. Those looking for jobs are able to sign up to view and apply for these work from home jobs. When a business posts a new job or contract work to Hire My Mom, it is personally screened by staff in order to weed out any scams.
Pros of Hire My Mom
- Quality jobs.
- Variety of jobs and career fields.
- Quality of professional candidates throughout the site.
- Legitimate opportunities for stay at home moms.
- Small businesses and entrepreneurs can hire through the site.
Cons of Hire My Mom
- Companies have to link to their company's Linked-In Page. (which increases transparency and builds trust with working mothers)
- A Few Site Glitches (probably because of technology/plugin updates every so often – it happens to us too)
If you're looking for a work from home position, these are the membership prices for hiremymom.
For Job Seekers
3 Day Free Trial Subscription
- 3-Day Free Trial.
- Upload 1 Resume and Cover Letter.
- Apply for Unlimited Remote Jobs.
- Email Support: Monday – Friday.
- $24.99 per month after trial period.
Gold Mom Professional
- 2-month Membership.
- 3 Resumes and Cover Letters.
- Apply for Unlimited Jobs.
- Email & Text Support: Monday – Friday.
- $39.99 every 2 months.
Platinum Mom Professional
- 4-month Membership
- Featured on Home Page
- Unlimited Resumes & Cover Letters
- Free T-shirt & Post-Its
- Apply for Unlimited Jobs
- Email, Text & Phone Support: Monday – Friday
- $79.99 every 4 months.
If you're a small business or an entrepreneur looking for remote workers, then these are the listing prices for you.
Silver Small Business
- $47.00 to List 1 Job.
- 7 Day Listing.
- Edit Job Listing
- Email Support: Monday-Friday
Gold Small Business
- $57.00 for 1 Job.
- 30-Day Listing.
- Additional 30 days *FREE* if position is not filled.
- Money-Back Guarantee If No Candidate is Found After Relisting.
- Edit Job Posting
- Email & Text Support: Monday – Friday
Small Business VIP Concierge
- $597.00 for 1 Job.
- 30-Day Listing.
- Consultation to learn about the position
- Writing or enhancing a professional, descriptive and thorough job post,
- Reviewing all resumes and cover letters,
- Interview preparation and scheduling,
- Conducting interviews,
- Selecting top 1-3 candidate(s) to pass on to client including written candidate summaries and recorded video interviews,
- Sending courtesy emails to candidates not selected.
How to Signup
Signup is fairly easy. You create your account with your email and create a password. Once registered you can choose your membership level.
Reviews of Hire My Mom – What People Are Saying
There are 31 reviews from SiteJabber and most of the moms who used the site give it glowing reviews like these:
I joined hiremymom on the free trial in October, the last day of the free trial I applied for 3 jobs. I got an interview 2 days later & got my dream job!Judith R.
I'm going from being a corporate momma to a all virtual momma. My daughters school is going all remote & I'm just so grateful to be able to be there for her & still be employed. I am just so blessed to have found hiremymom on instagram! They have truly made it possible for mom's that want to work, but also be able to be present for their kiddos!
HireMyMom (hire my mom) on BBB
Hire My Mom is located at 4057 Riley Fuzzel #500-117 in Spring, TX. They have a perfect 5 out of 5 with the Better Business Bureau and have been in business since 2007. You can find their BBB listing here.
If you know anyone looking for a work from home position, then share this with them. We'll be updating it with any new information throughout the month.