Are you looking to make $1,000 per week consistently while only working 4 hours per day? Let me show you how to realistically set up your work from home side hustle to bring in $200 per day.
Do the math: $200 x 5 days = $1,000 per week. That's a grand each week with your weekends free. Better yet, I'll show you how to do it all in just 4 hours a day.
The way this work from home strategy works is by taking your skills and putting them to work for you.
First, create a list of all the skills you have right now. Go as fast as you can and list all of the skills you currently have.
High Demand Freelance Skills
For example, here's my list of skills:
- Create Powerpoints
- Design Logos and Graphics
- WordPress Installation
- Write Blog Posts Like This One
- Create PDF's
- Manage Company's Social Media
- Create Goofy TikToks
- Edit Resumes
- Write Emails
- Create Speeches
- Write Press Releases
- Write Sales Copy
- Help Write Grants
- Do Voice Over Work
- Create Intro's for Podcasts
- Upload Podcasts to Podcast Distribution
- Create Graphics for Podcasts
- Create Transcripts for Podcasts
- Virtual Assistants
- Data Entry
- Tech Support
- Support for Zoom Calls
- Tech Support for Teleconferencing Calls
I'm certain I can do all these tasks. Now, from your own list, pick one that you're certain you can do within a fast period of time (30 minutes to 1 hour) at high-quality so the customer is satisfied.
Narrow Down Your List of Jobs
Be realistic and pick out the jobs you can do right now. Then, head over to Fiverr to see which jobs (similar to yours) have the most reviews and compare the gig prices. For example, I can you can write blog posts. When I go to Fiverr and search for blog writers, this is what I see:
When I search for blog writers on Fiverr, I notice that many people paying $100 for a 1,000 word article. I know that I can write an article in 2 hours. Let's do the earnings on this potential article writing side gig:
- 2 articles x 2 hours
- 4 hours per day
- $100 per article
- $200 per day x 5 days
- $1,000 per week
- Weekends off
That puts me at the $1,000 per week mark working just four hours per day. If you did a similar job with those numbers, you'd be making an extra $1,000 a week as well.
If you and your spouse did the, you'd be making $2,000 a week. That's a six-figure income – with 20 hours a day of free time to create an awesome life.
Step 1: Create Your Fiverr Selling Account
Click here to setup your Fiverr account. After you successfully post your job & complete your first gig, Fiverr will give you a $100 bonus. That's bonus money.
You'll see a “Become a Seller” link at the top of Fiverr's menu. You'll be a seller on Fiverr because you're selling your skills to small businesses that desperately need your help. Do you see the “Become a Seller” in the top menu? Click that.
Step 2: Create a Username & Password
Create your username and password that will be used throughout the site. The username is what people will see when they hire you. Make sure you name that something around your skill like: ExpertProofReader. TopEditorinChief. PodcastDistribution. DesignerPro. BlogPostWriter.
The reason you want to create a brandable username is that you're going to get repeat business. I've been hiring people on Fiverr for the last 16 years and have spent over $8,000 with Fiverr. Three months later when I scan for my Podcast editor, I am going to see the same recognizable username and immediately click on it to rehire my past seller.
Step 3: Activate Your Account & Become a Seller
After you activate your account, click on the become a seller button to reach this page.
This page will break down how to make a successful profile, how to create your seller profile and publish your first gig. Don't get too tied up with making it perfect on day 1. The way I like to think about this is “I'm not perfect and I'm going to make mistakes.” Awesome. I'm just getting started and everything can be edited.
The key to making money isn't perfection. It's serving clients that need your service. Money is simply an exchange of value. You give value, you get money. That's it. The more people you serve, the more you'll make.
If you can leverage podcasts, TikTok and YouTube to give unlimited value then you can make unlimited money. And if you can figure how to leverage this process where you give value -> direct people to your gigs -> upsell and add extra streams through affiliate marketing then you can make bank doing this.
Pro Tip: Fall in love with the process. The process of connecting with clients, the process of delivering value to your clients, and the process of marketing your services. If you love these day-to-day processes, then it'll never feel like a job.
What Makes a Successful Fiverr Profile
You want to create a Fiverr profile that stands out from the crowd on Fiverr. To do this right, I use a free online graphic creator called Canva. That's free to use and the graphics are professional.
- Spend some time creating your Fiverr profile and making your design elements look sharp.
- Add credibility by linking to your professional networks like LinkedIn.
- Put a close-up of your face in your Fiverr profile. That is what people are going to see when they're massaging you through their computer & iPhone. Make your headshot appear professional, kind, and easy to work with.
Avoid These Fiverr Mistakes
- Do not open a duplicate account for different skills or gigs. You can add more gigs within one account.
- Do not lie on your gig. Your goal is to provide a service that you can do quickly and easily with very little stress on your end.
- Do not request to take money outside of Fiverr. This is a long-term opportunity & you'll want to get as many five-star reviews so you can be bumped up in the search & grab more business. It's against Fiverr's rules to take payment outside of Fiverr.
Now, walk through the rest of the account creation to post your gigs.
How to Price Your Gig
The best way to price your Fiverr gig is to take the amount of time your gig takes and create a reasonable per hour price you're willing to get to do the gig. For example, it takes a good two hours to write a decent blog post. How much would you be willing to work for two hours writing a blog post? What's a good exchange of money for this service?
What you can do is click on a few of the services to see what others are charging in the same category. Let me share a few with you as an example:
- Click Here for Writing Articles and Blog Posts
- Click Here for Logo Designers
- Look Here for Graphic Design Categories
- Click Here for Tech Support and IT Examples
- Click Here for Relationship Advice Gigs
- Look Here for Celebrity Impersonation Gig Examples
- Click Here for Podcast Gig Examples
- Click Here for Video and Animation Gigs
You can easily find gigs that match what you're offering so you can see how to position yourself, how to design your profile, and the price range for what you're offering.
How Much Money Can You Make with Fiverr
I first heard of people making half a million dollars on Fiverr when I saw a story on Forbes about Charmaine Pocek who makes money creating resume revamps for clients.
Who needs a resume? Everyone who just lost their job & are now looking for work. The demand is incredibly high & the gig is evergreen.
Once you have one gig that's making you money online, it's time to create another gig by branching out to include similar tasks related to that original gig. For example, if you have a gig for writing blog posts, you might add a second gig for writing press releases.
Frequently Asked Questions About Getting Started as a Freelancer?
1. Create a gig. Signup for free, setup 6-8 gigs and publish your gig in Fiverr's massive marketplace. Here's how to make your new side hustle more professional.
2. Focus on delivering great work. When you go above and beyond with each client, your clients will give you a five star rating. Your goal is to get more five star ratings & a quality feedback score to unlock the Pro.
3. When you unlock Fiverr Pro, you can charge higher prices and get featured in their marketplace under Pro Sellers.
4. Get paid. Payment is transferred to your bank account immediately upon completion of each job.
Two things: First, if you know of people who are interested in this article, please share this article with them. We need to help as many people as we can during these downturns in the economy.
Second, make sure you bookmark this page as I’ll be updating it as often as I can to keep you informed on how to make $1,000 per week.