Yo, I’m a 15 year old teenager, I’m a high school student and I have a lot of free time after school and on the weekends. I’m trying to save up some money for a car and I don’t want to get a job because I don’t want to spend all my free time working.
I’m looking for ways to make money on the side, something that I can do on my own schedule. Can you give me some ideas of side hustles that I can start doing right now?
Dear Future Entrepreneur,
It’s great that you’re thinking about ways to make money on the side as a teenager. Starting a side hustle can be a great way to learn about business, money management, and gain valuable skills and experience.
Here are 20 potential side hustles for you to consider:
- Babysitting or pet-sitting
- Lawn care or snow removal
- Dog-walking or dog-sitting
- House cleaning
- Car washing or detailing
- Online tutoring or teaching
- Graphic design or website design
- Social media management
- Photography or videography
- Pet grooming
- Painting or handyman work
- Personal shopping or styling
- Online reselling AKA flipping
- Writing or editing
- Virtual assistance
- Transcription or data entry
- Online surveys
- Freelance writing or copywriting
- E-commerce, starting your own online business
Keep in mind that starting a side hustle can take some time, effort, and resources but It’s also important to choose something that you’re passionate about and that you can commit to. It’s also important to check with your parents or guardians and make sure that you comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
I’ll leave you with this: Your side hustle can become your full-time if you’re willing to put in the work and develop systems that automate the repeated tasks.
Good luck on your side hustle journey!